Thursday, December 19, 2013

Internship/Practicum Progress


Throughout this semester, I have been able to complete quite a few of my internship projects.  I was on the interview committee to hire our new principal and that will fit in nicely into Domain II: Instructional Leadership, skill 23 personnel procedures.  Being a part of this committee helped me to understand the process that HR has to go through in order to hire and the process I will have to be a part of when I interview for principal or assistant principal positions.  In August, I led an iPad training for staff development, sent out a letter to the district GT teachers regarding start of the school procedures, attended a board meeting, and assigned the hallway bulletin boards to the staff.  The most interesting assignment to start the year was working on class lists.  We had to consider boy/girl ratio, student achievement, special populations, bilingual, behavior, and parent requests.  I have a much better appreciation for that task and the details involved.  Some of the other intern related activities include implementing the iSchoolBox app, sitting on the Site Based Decision Making Committee, Reviewing the technology plan for our principal and the district technology visioning committee, and starting an enrichment program for the third, fourth, and fifth grade classes.  My principal has encouraged me to stay involved and keep adding to my hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment