Monday, December 2, 2013

EDLD 5363 Week 2 Reflection

This week was full of family and fun.  I know that sounds nice and relaxing, but I was at our family ranch without the internet!  Usually I am excited about the break from technology, but not this time while I was in the middle of a class for my Masters in Educational Technology Leadership.  The first thing we learned about this week was Audacity.  It is an audio recording program that has many features that are similar to other recording programs, but this one is free and easy. (two of my favorite things)  I quickly recognized many of the features from the program and was able to create a song with multiple family members.  We also learned about using copyrights in our work through Creative Commons.  My final project for the week was to create a tutorial for Audacity of a video editing program.  I chose to use Videoliscious.

This video program is so simple to use and create professional looking results.  My classmates helped me with my script by reminding me to add specific directions for parts that I thought were self explanatory.  I plan on using this tutorial in my classroom next week for the students to create a video about one of the science topics we have studied this semester.  With everything going on last week I am very glad to have finished these assignments and now I am ready for the group project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment