Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Purpose and Significance of my Action Research Project

My campus of over 800 students has a great deal of technology available.  However, the hardware and software is not being utilized to capacity.  There are teachers scattered throughout the campus that embrace the use of technology, but the majority of teachers do not incorporate it into their curriculum.  The purpose of my action research plan is to increase the use of available technologies for instructional purpose on an elementary campus. 

I believe that this action research study is significant because teachers, students, and administrators will all possibly benefit.   My goal is to find the reasons why some teachers do not use technology in their classrooms regularly.  I hope to teach staff development that is tailored to the needs of the differing technology comfort levels on my campus.  This will help the teachers feel more at ease with the technology available.  The students will be more involved in the lessons that incorporate technology, which will help with classroom management.  The administrators will benefit from knowing that the funds spent on technology is being used to its full potential.

2 comments:

  1. This should be a very worthwhile project. As a technophile I am always trying to incorporate new methods of tech services in my instruction, and in conversations with my cohort I am shocked and amazed at what (and who) does not utilize the resources before them. I personally hope to be able to read the reasons that your research uncovers. Good luck Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie...what type of technology is available to your teachers? I will be interested in following your ARP because we have some of the same issues at our school. I'll be eager to see what you learn. Please considering following my project as well - sharihedstrom.blogspot.com

    Thanks...and good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete