Friday, July 26, 2013

Passion for Research


This week I have continued to discover that action research should be an integral part of school improvement.  This week we learned about the nine passions you develop as an administrator.  I believe my proposed project fits into the staff development section of the nine passions discussed in this week’s lesson.  However, when I continued to study the other eight passions I realized that this project would have some impact on curriculum development, individual teachers, and school performance.  The integration of technology into the curriculum can enrich a lesson and keep students more involved in the lesson.  When students are more engaged in the lessons being taught they are more likely to understand or feel more comfortable asking questions.  This will help teachers have fewer classroom management issues and possibly keep teachers excited about their careers.  When most of us started teaching we had a passion for this job.  I believe that helping teachers feel comfortable with technology can bring back that loving feeling towards their careers.

6 comments:

  1. You have chosen an interesting topic to use for your action research project. I agree that if technology is used as a tool in instruction that it can increase student success in classrooms. When I read further on each of the nine passions administrators develop I also identified several areas that my topic could fall under. I believe that examining the effectiveness of small group instruction and its impact on student achievement would fall under Individual Students but it also could fit under Individual Teachers and Curriculum Development.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed over the last 10 years that I have been with the District and then this last year in a classroom; not just teachers, but in general a majority of employees have this huge fear of technology. They want to embrace it, but they just don't know how or where to begin.

    As with most new things, you have to be willing to take the time to play around with and find out how it works and how you can use it to enhance what you do.

    I am taking on the same topic in my action research. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your choice of topic for your research plan. I agree that students will be more engaged and teachers will have less behavioral issues when technology is intergrated more in the classroom. Plus the use of technology just enhances a lesson. Students are willing to participate and pay attention more. I'm interested in seeing what the outcome will be in your research. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie,
    I was doing a similar project to yours and had the same realization about the 9 domains. It does seem like all of them are interconnected on some level. But, after I thought about it for a while this started to make sense to me, after all most of the goals of action research seem to be about improving student performance even if this is not outrightly stated. Good luck with your research!
    John

    ReplyDelete
  5. I realized the same thing upon examining my research topic, it fits into so many of the domains. Which is a good thing! If the topic meshes well into so many of the domains, I think we're on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you. My action research plan idea can fit into many of the domains in the book. I feel like technology can keep students involved with the lesson or activity. Students are more comfortable when using technology. However, students must also feel comfortable learning using paper and pencil. The state test does not allow students to use the various technology used during the school year. I'm so excited about the project. Can you please follow me and comment on my blog at ktwirling@blogspot.com? Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete